For my loyal readers, many who are friends, thank you for all your support. It’s been over a year of writing, editing, and seeing the book Communication Toolkit for Introverts to publication. The final product is almost ready.
Since the publisher has one hold-up, due to an issue with the final editing staff, it’s still time to keep going. The twist of it is, to have some fun during the wait! The publisher is more than agreeable to make several copies (PDF and paperback) available for this. More on that the end of this week so stay tuned for a fun raffle.
How Do You Get Over It When Things Go Wrong?
It’s not as if this is the only thing that has gone wrong for me. My goodness, there have been several situations this year which went on for weeks if not months. The nature and scope of some of those situations make the book launch pale in comparison.
Instead it’s more that this delay, going wrong for several months, usually occurs after a big turn in the process. This was no exception.
We finished the first round of edits back in March, just one month or two after my completion of writing.
The the book cover was complete in April.
In May it was looking as if that end of June was going to be a reality for Communication Toolkit for Introverts.
The publisher went through a passive reorganization. If you now or ever worked in corporate America, you likely understand the havoc that can wreak on all stakeholders.
Those are the kind of – things gone wrong – that affect me the most. The ones that come up unexpectedly.
Reflecting about this delay after delay (it’s the end of the second and I’m told final delay) meant I needed to both go within, and find inspiration outside myself.
Here are some wonderful quotations I found myself reflecting on.
Add to the list if you like. Look for this icon:
Comment below. I love hearing from you.
Patricia Weber | 13 items | 72 views
A list of quotes about what to do when things go wrong.
1. "Darling when things go wrong in life, this is what you do. You lift your chin, put on a ravishing smile, mix yoursel...
2. Keep Calm and Carry On
3. "The man who smiles when things go wrong, has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
4. "Things go wrong but life goes on."
5. "When things go wrong, don't go with them." Elvis Presley
6. "When some things go wrong, take a moment to be grateful for the many more things that are still going right." Annie ...
7. "She stood in the storm and when the winds did not go her way, she adjusted her sails." Elizabeth Edwards
8. "When things go wrong don't go down with them. Climb up and stay strong."
9. "Sometimes good things fall apart so better things call fall together." Marilyn Monroe
10. If everything is going your way, you’re in the wrong direction.
11. “What do I know?" Michele d Montaigne
12. "Laugh… a lot.. and make that martini:)" Jacqueline Gum