When people speak about the awesome introvert, they have my attention. How does this strike you?
Attaching labels to individuals like Introvert and Extrovert may seem somewhat restricting to the amazing Technicolor of unique human characteristics, however, it is beneficial for individuals to be aware of their propensities so that they can capitalize on their strengths, and reduce the impact of or eliminate their weaknesses.
“I thought he was ignoring me. I didn’t realize he was thinking!”
– The mother of an introvert Read more on FamilyEducation:
If you are an Introvert there may be some negative connotations you, or others have applied to you, such as being anti-social, but there are many positive qualities of this trait that you can embrace and use to your advantage.
Ten reason introverts are awesome are as follows:
1) You are most likely very comfortable being alone, and can therefore utilize this time for quiet reflection and growth. While an Extrovert may feel lonely or bored, you can truly enjoy the peace and quiet;
2) If you are not always at the center of the “social action”, it gives you the opportunity to sit back and really observe and listen to what others have to say. You are most likely very attuned to what makes other people “tick”;
3) When you do “step out of your comfort zone” and engage in social activities that that you normally would have hesitated to do, it can give you great confidence and satisfaction, and lead to great possibilities;
4) Since it may take you longer to “warm up” to people, you are apt to be very loyal to those that you develop close relationships with since you have invested so much in getting to know them, and letting them get to know you, and your wonderful qualities;
Introvert Meryl Streep: 14 Academy Award nominations, more than any other actor or actress. www.hunternuttall.com/blog/2008/07/the-introverts-strike-back/
5) If you are not boisterous and overly talkative, you don’t “wear people out” with explosive energy;
6) You can enjoy your home and closeness of immediate family, because you are not always looking to get away from it into a place where there are people all around;
7) You are much less likely to embarrass yourself by being too gregarious and wacky in public;
8) If you feel like eating out, you probably don’t have to forgo this treat waiting for someone else to go with you;
9) You are more likely to get to the point in a conversation rather being easily distracted by other “shiny” topics in conversations;
10) If you are an Introvert who can go days without speaking to anyone, you won’t have to worry if you get stranded on a deserted island…you will be perfectly happy with the situation! 😉
For a humorous look at the potential differences between Introvert and Extrovert visit an Introverts Lexicon here:
*Disclaimer: This article is by no means favoring one type of trait over another. We are all beautiful in our own unique way! J
This article was written Angela Goodeve, a Personal Development Life Coach who is an Author of an award winning blog; has been published in a book on Transformation through the International Association of Professional Life Coaches; and is a Guest Host on Motivational Whisperers It’s O.K. to be YOU Blog Talk radio show. You can learn more about Angela at , or by visiting her blog at: https://www.lifeadvicethecoachingway.blogspot.ca
Ok it’s YOUR turn. What are your reasons why introverts are awesome?